Why we may keep data about you:
- Help deal with your enquiry, request or application for support, volunteer or help us fundraise
- Process your purchase or a donation
- Provide further information about our cause, work, and activities
- Seek your ideas and feedback, via research or surveys
- Register and administer your event, attendance at an event or challenge participation
- Detect and prevent fraud by verifying identities and enabling technical improvements
- Notify you about changes to our service
We will seek agreement from you to process your data for the following:
- Provide further information about our cause, work, activities or charity products by email, phone, text or post
- Collect special category data which we use to evidence eligibility
- If you sign up to our marketing list, unless covered by one of our other privacy policies we will keep your data in our active list until you unsubscribe
- We will send you information about Keeping Abreast according to any preferences you submitted: by phone, post or email. You can alter your preferences through our marketing platform or by mailing: [email protected]
Please note, if you ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will retain your details on our suppression list to ensure we do not accidentally contact you in the future.
You are in control of the data we hold about you and at any time you can request:
- to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected
- to restrict the data held about you
- to have a copy of the personal data held about you
- to have your data deleted
You can make a request for any of the above by emailing [email protected]
Whilst we will endeavour to adhere to your wishes we may not be able to delete your data if there is a legal obligation to retain it, this includes where financial data must be retained for seven years or where data must be retained to enable us to defend our legal rights. We will inform you of the basis of any such decision not to delete your data as appropriate.
If you are unhappy about how your personal data is managed you can raise a concern or complaint with the Information Commissioner, website: www.ico.org.uk
We will request proof of identity to be able to process your request.
Additional information can be found in:
Keeping Abreast reserves the right to modify its website and/or this Privacy & Security Policy and Privacy Notices at any time.
Oak Lodge, 129 School Lane
Registered Charity No: 1129525
last updated May 2018